View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #74 (permalink)
Smurf
EcoModding Smurfer

Dime - '95 Chevy S10 LS ExtCab RWD
Pickups
90 day: 18.23 mpg (US)

G/A - '96 Pontiac Grand Am
Team Pontiac
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)
As a kid, I was interested in computers. Never got too deep into it, messing around with DOS (and much later HTML) was the extent of my knowledge. My older cousin has done well for himself in the IT field, so everyone thought that's what I should do also.

Each time I tried to get a "formal education" on computers, I was dragged into the depths of binary hell. For someone 15-25 years old, in this world, it takes approximately 3.2 seconds to lose interest. Just as driving styles change over age, so do interests. [Side note: Maybe people should start college at age 25, when they have more idea of who they are in a REAL world...]

Enter the Raspberry Pi. It uses things this generation is accustomed to (HDMI, Ethernet, USB, even touchscreens) in a way that makes us think deeper than just loading Angry Birds on a Chinese tablet. In my case, it re-opens a door that I regrettably closed long ago. And this isn't some long monotonous course or lecture, this is something you pay a mere 35 bucks and do what YOU want.

The Following User Says Thank You to Smurf For This Useful Post:
Arragonis (02-09-2015)