View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
benphyr
EcoModding Apprentice

Asphault Camo - retired - '05 Honda Civic SE
90 day: 35.81 mpg (US)

Asphault Camo Kid hauler - '98 Honda Odyssey LX
90 day: 24.33 mpg (US)
grill block / engine heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
An undertray, grill block and wheel covers(if done right) would be the best way to go with picking up a few mpg (aside from driving style). If your other half drives the vehicle, I would not advise a grill block unless temps are going to be watched.
Undertray and wheel covers are distant future considerations right now. The nut behind the wheel is probably close to as adjusted as it will get but the ScanGauge will keep us striving. I'm not too concerned about the grill block at present since it is winter, it takes a looong time to warm up still and only really kicks out the heat when we are going up steep hills which are measurably short and returns to barely keeping the interior windows clear all the rest of the time.

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know where I can find what temperatures 1998 Hondas (specifically Odyssey) would have thermostat open, fan 1 and fan 2 kick on? That would help guarantee we aren't overheating it right?

1998 Honda Odyssey Build thread http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post467438