View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Installing the vacuum gauge really opened up my eyes to just how sensitve the throttle is and how minute the differences are (physically) in my foot/muscles that make a huge difference in terms of mpg. I rode that way for about two weeks, just to get the feel of my muscles in my foot and start some initial training. At that point, I still had a ton of questions.

All of my questions were answered quickly when I installed MPGuino at the onset of week 3. That changed everything for me. I was then able to see, precisely, which gear to be in, when to coast, when NOT to coast, etc... You've GOT to get instrumentation. Your blind without it.

The MPGuino is now the more useful device for me of the two, but I'm glad I did the vac gauge only route for a week or two. It was useful for training and muscle memory.

Nowadays, I'm just about on "auto pilot". I drive eco, by nature. It's nice!

Good luck!!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
AbramWagner (03-21-2015), Eddie25 (02-13-2015)