View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #137 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
Here's the breakdown of the three buttons on the shift knob and their function in case you guys are interested in putting one on yours:

The center button is a pop-up on/off clutch interrupt switch for manually controlling the assist and regen functions. When I click it in, the car thinks the clutch pedal has been pressed, so I get no assist or regen. When I'm at cruising speed in lean burn and don't want any background IMA charging, or when I know I will need to come to a stop and want to kill the injectors I click this button on. This doesn't affect auto-start in any way.

Thumb button on left is a momentary switch and controls the power to the Injectors. I can kill the injectors and coast to a stop at any speed, basically extending auto-stop function to any speed. To use the injector kill button, I have the center clutch interrupt button clicked on, or the car will keep trying to re-start since it's above normal auto-stop speed.

The button at top right is the brake regen button, and is a momentary that allows me to use the assist motor for braking (and also turns on the brake lights), which allows me to keep the IMA battery fully charged since I don't let it background charge while in lean burn. I can keep my finger on it all the way through downshifts, and it keeps charging the IMA almost to a dead stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	17012  

The Following User Says Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
nemo (02-15-2015)