View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
isetta -- No worries.

If you use the IMG tag (the landscape with the yellow sky) the image will display directly. If you use the Attachment tool (in Advanced, with a paperclip icon) then you get a thumbnail in a box at the bottom of the post.

Attachment uploads directly from your hard drive, Image can link to an Album, an upload site (like Imgur) or hotlink from anywhere on the Web. I don't use Attachment. Some prefer it because it makes the image a permanent part of the website. I just assume I may want to re-use it and put it in an album. If you click on my user name you will see that I have 11 albums of various things.

If you hot-link to another website, I think it's good manners to Insert Link and add Italic, like so:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/member-freebeard-albums-art+cars-picture5786-130150.jpg

I'm not seeing anything in your latest post. There is a way to see other people's code but I don't know what it is. You can click Preview Post (repeatedly) until you are satisfied you've got it right. I've done that twice for this post. After posting you can Edit for five minutes and no-one will know. Now I've had to do that, too.