View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Siemens blower motor FAIL

Made in china of course.

It was one of the few parts that had been replaced on the Sentra and it was a piece of crap.

When I got the car it would not go into highest speed on the heater blower unless you really pushed on the switch and then it was practically impossible to get it off of high speed.

I grabbed another switch from u wrench it with some other parts and when I pulled the old switch it had melted on highest speed.

Later after replacing the switch, I went to high speed immediately and it blew the fuse. My suspicion is that the motor was drawing too much current and overloading the circuit.

Today I got the rock auto replacement blower motor and installed it, Now I can go to max blower (at least so far) and the fuse has not blown.

Not only can a replacement part be bad but it can also create other problems such as a melted switch, blown fuses, overloaded wiring harness and even a wiring fire and a ruined car. In some cases, such as this one you can follow a chain reaction of failures back to the source, but in Virginiathe law limits a shops responsibility to only the parts replaced. In other states there are "contingent liability" laws that place responsibility on the shop and you never see these types of chain reactions using OE parts.

I think I would rather gamble with OE USED (23 yearsold!) than Chinese new.

On my 89 GS500E motorcycle, there are Chinese made valve shims coming into the market, that disintegrate and wreck the engine. I think this will only get worse before it gets better.

regards
mech