Thread: Daily Smiles
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #408 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Yesterday was 40 degrees and sunny with fresh powder- time to take the kiddos to the slopes. Little brother (6) thinks he's Lightning McQueen once he gets the skis on, and big sister (8) was rocking the board.

Like works best with like, so Mom stayed on skis and went with the little guy. I rented a board. On the plus side, I was able to quickly figure out the differences from skis and work on operating the board. The downside was that by the time my body figured out what it had to do, there wasn't anything left to do it with. Have you ever seen Sylvester the cat getting an epic beating? That's how my day went:

Two hours in the hot tub with a couple glasses of muscle relaxant last night weren't enough to fix things. But I learned a lot; things like that the terror of catching an edge wrong and having your legs wrenched off and shattered is actually better than being secure in the knowledge that then they haul your corpse off the mountain your legs will be unharmed and still attached to their board.

So now Sweetie knows that Dad is willing to go boarding with her and I don't think I'll actually have to do it again. I'll stick to my sticks in the future and she'll get the added bonus of saying "I do this and Daddy can't!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%