View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 11:06 PM   #716 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
If you grew up in the '80s and '90s in North America, you probably had a neighbor that had one of these. There were everywhere up here. This 1991 Plymouth Sundance has all the '80s options you'd expect in a cheap car - gaudy decal package, AM/FM only stereo, aftermarket pop-top sunroof, and a wheezy 2.2L that made at least 8 or 9 hp when it was new. Sadly another autotragedy, as it only has 50k KMs (31k miles), even comes with a brand new set of all seasons in the trunk. And yes if it only gets bid on by the scrap guy I will have to rescue it tomorrow. Just what I need haha.

And I don't get to say this very often, but here is something I have never seen before. And I am thankful for that. 1991 Mitsuoka Le Seyde. Apparently they made 500 of them in 1990-1991, they aren't a kit car, they were actually manufactured in Japan as a new car, using parts of a Nissan 240. So it's right hand drive, has a Nissan interior, doors, and believe it or not as big as this car is (it's longer than most minivans or SUVs) it only has a 4 cylinder Nissan engine. Its mostly fiberglass so it probably doesn't weigh much, and it has an overdrive at least. This one has been sitting outside a long time, the chrome is all pitted and peeling, and there is a layer of moss growing on parts of it. Who was their target market I have to wonder - pimps that wanted to go drifting without spending too much money on fuel?? It's wrong on so many levels, I will just end here and let you soak in just how tacky this thing is!