View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 03:08 AM   #721 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
I did not get either of them, thankfully. The Sundance actually had more than one bid on it, I started off at $200 and walked away when it hit $350. My mission was just to rescue it from getting scrapped! I don't know what it actually sold for, but it didn't go to the scrap guy, and it wasn't on the auction block for long, so it was cheap, whatever it was. The Mitsuoka went across the auction block and...it didn't show up in their computer system when it did. So they had no information on it, or any idea what the reserve price was. That happens once in a while there, someone enters something wrong into the system and the auctioneer has nothing to work with on his screen when the time comes. It drew quite a crowd, I don't think anyone actually wanted it, they were just standing around to see who would actually bid on it! I saw lots of pointing and laughing. It will run through again next week, hopefully this time they will get their act together.

As an aside, I really do not want that thing! Out of curiosity I looked up other ones for sale and found one, in Japan, for $35,000 US. I wouldn't pay $3500 for it! OK I would if I could then sell it back to someone in Japan for $35,000 but I find it hard to believe that anyone would fork out good money on one of these. Don't get me wrong, I dig all sorts of weird cars, but good gravy this thing is just ugly!

Last edited by War_Wagon; 02-27-2015 at 03:16 AM..