View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
PatBGawne
EcoModding Lurker

Hi again,
I was looking up the name of the Tac National 50 competition when I stumbled across your forum. My wife had sent me a couple new photos of the beastie and I wanted to post them on Facebook with some details. I really don't know much about the competition.
There's a solid chance it has something to do with running, as Gene is a long-time runner.
In the past few years he has been trying to do three marathons per year. He has it in his head that he'd like to run that Drywater marathon thing from Death Valley to the top of some mountain and he's trying to get in shape for that.
The Geo still has the original 3-cylinder and the 5-speed tranny it came with.
It's very short, inside. I used to be able to fit in with a bit of effort, but it's too low for my busted back to get in anymore. (I am 6'2")
The interior is pretty well stripped. The reinforcing panels etc. have all been removed, it does have two seats. The windows have been replaced with plexiglas and there's no cranking mechanism for them. They are either all the way up or down.
Unbelievably, it does have an A/C, which doesn't get used much unless my Mother-In-Law is along for the ride.
I couldn't swear that he's ever been pulled over for a look, but I wouldn't doubt it. I'll ask.
I was with him last year at the tire shop when he had to buy a couple new tires and every guy in the shop was hovering around, trying to get a look.

If I can't figure out how to post photos in here, I'll send a link for my dummy Facebook page, where I post things I share with the world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PatBGawne For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-04-2015), MetroMPG (03-03-2015), Xist (07-18-2020)