View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
WD40
EcoMod Proof of Concept

WD-40's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
90 day: 56.04 mpg (US)

WD-40's Mirage - '15 Mitsubushi Mirage ES
Mitsubishi
90 day: 46.05 mpg (US)

WD-40's Sonata Hybrid - '17 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited
Today was a great sunny warm day to do the brakes.
I installed new brake shoes and drums, the old ones were nowhere as bad as I expected, they still had plenty of stop power left in them.
The emergency brake works great as well.
I will look at the rest tomorrow, my hands are bleeding enough for today.
I called an inspection facility it will cost $129 plus 12% tax and will take about 1-2 hours.
The windshield might pass, as I read the act, all it mentions is nothing can be in the drivers field of vision, mine are all low and on the passenger side.
The struts are just noisy.
Another interesting fact in the act here, you can get a ticket and points for driving too slow.
Slow Driving

Motor Vehicle Act s.145(1)

Many people are unaware that you can be ticketed for driving too slowly. You must drive at a speed that is consistent with the normal and reasonable movement of traffic. The only lawful excuse for failing to drive at a normal or reasonable speed is if it is unsafe to do so or if you are complying with the law. Other traffic does not always move reasonably in the circumstances. You are the best judge of what is safe for you and your vehicle.
Penalty: $121 fine and 3 Driver Penalty Points

so its up to you to decide whats a good safe speed but if we say your wrong then we are right to ticket you .

another one thats odd

Driving at Excessive Speed Relative to Conditions

Motor Vehicle Act s.144(1)(c)

You are required to drive in such a manner that is appropriate given the conditions. This can include the speed of other traffic on the road, the visibility conditions, the weather, and any other factors. You should adjust your speed to take these factors into consideration. You are the only person who can properly judge what is safe for your vehicle and with your driving ability.
Penalty: $167 fine and 3 Driver Penalty Points

so its up to you to decide whats a good safe speed but if we say your wrong then we are right to ticket you .
aerohead (03-04-2015), Sven7 (03-05-2015)