View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #1745 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Astro: Yes I was using a pickit 3. I programmed that board probably 9 billion times! No exaggeration either! haha
I totally believe you. When i was messing about with the code for my BMS modules i lost count of how many times i downloaded code into them. And they are super simple devices compared to your motor controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I'm almost done with a new power board that will use TO-247 IGBTs. I'm hoping for a 100kW AC controller for $300 in parts. I also made a new current sensor board that mounts to the power board with maybe 1/8" standoffs. It uses 3 IGBTs per high and low side (so 6 per phase). They have some remarkable TO-247 plus igbts that can do 80-100amp continuous now. Also, it uses a fairly small 450v 800uF ring capacitor that just bolts right to the power board, so you don't have to cut out any copper sheets and bend them. I hope it works!
Paul.... you can't release a new improved model before i get my hands on the current model.
With the smaller ring capacitor and not having to have the folded copper sheet version 2 of the controller should be quite compact. Sounds good. Is it too early to sign up for beta testing of version 2?