View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:40 AM   #7012 (permalink)
Bela
EcoModding Lurker

Well I think my post count is high enough that I can add pictures. The pictures show the base plate with most of the parts arranged although since the picture was taken I decided to use a smaller relay for precharging instead of the GX12.

The picture with the copper plates show the precharger relay and a second relay for controlling a cooling pump.

One problem I had was that my base plate isn't long enough so I had to overlap the Open Revolt board with the IGBTs. To do this I bent some wires that go from the high voltage side of the control board to the igbt connectors. I don't have any experience with EMF, especially at these voltages and currents so I hope this works OK.

On the bright side, by elevating the controller board, I have room under it for a raspberry pi and for a new board with some voltage monitoring logic for battery and motor voltage. More details to come when I actually get the board working.

The base plate is 1/2 inch aluminum which was thick enough to allow for cooling grooves to be cut directly into it. Thanks goes to Micah and his electric porsche blog for the idea.

Hopefully in a couple weeks I can post a finished controller!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bela For This Useful Post:
64jeep (03-05-2015), jedsmd (03-05-2015), MPaulHolmes (03-05-2015)