View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
2000mustang fan
EcoModding Lurker

SilverStang - '00 Ford Mustang
90 day: 22.23 mpg (US)
Just got 24MPG AVG with a Mustang!!!

After using the Scangauge II I have managed to go 281.5 Miles on 11.691Gals= 24MPG from about 3 weeks ago when that only got me about ~220Miles on 11.71Gals of gas=20MPG. I think I am on the right track now. This is without any mods or Extreme Hypermiling.The only things I have done so far is changed the way I accelerate, how I drive(Not aggressively anymore), coasting in Neutral with Engine on and Shutting off the engine at stoplights once or twice, or putting the car into park at lights that change really fast. My car uses .5GPH when Idling in Drive but only .38GPH when in park (every little bit counts). I have yet to remove spare tire, and apply some aeromods such as an airdam, partial grille block(cause my car will probably overheat if I block the whole thing), and rear wheel skirts. My scangauge has been on the fritz so I unplugged it and took it in for today to see if all the values that are crazy erased themselves in the Previous and or today displays. It's been unplugged for 24Hours now, hopefully it will have reset itself completely. I already reset what I could, the real time MPG and sometimes tank avg are good but I want to be sure before I call Linear Logic.