View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVmetro View Post
This! This is exactly what the problem is! I have a lot of respect for other drivers, and for people who fit the description above, but not when they are in the hammer lane or next to another Prius who is doing the same thing. There is a respectable way to Eco drive. When I spot an Eco driver who is clearly driving that way for economy, I make sure to do what I can to accommodate him, but rarely do they let me go 80 when that's how I want to drive. It's like they want to force me to drive like them.

There is the mutual respect between those of us who Eco drive and those of us who go 80 in the hammer lane, and then there is the problem of the Prius driver who is completely out of touch with what the rest of the drivers are doing, is driving too slow in whatever lane they are in, and are focused on exclusively on the 100 feet in front of their vehicle.
Around here if you drive 81mph you risk $500 and 5 points, but idiots still do.
Hang up the flow of traffic in the left lane and your prize is a jacked up diesel 22 foot long pickup climbing up your rear bumper.

Plenty of Prii around here, my youngest brother owns one, but I'm sure its not a fun drive with a bumper and license plate hovering 18 inches above and behind your hatch ornament. I do remember one that was determined to pass me in a big old V12 BMW to get on the Richmond beltway, several years ago.

What was that song about as fast as a Rambler would go.

FAIL

regards
mech