View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 03:22 AM   #61 (permalink)
joe24658
EcoModding Lurker

It's interesting, my 1979 Toyota Dolphin that I owned some 15+ years ago had singles in the back. They of course were the old 5 bolt pattern and I had dual wheel envy. With all the issues with those axles, I was probably better off. I do remember the tolls were cheaper.

I believe the fantastic fan is made to fit in the hole made for the A/C unit. there are many variations available and they are super efficient, but are a little pricey. I know a guy who has one in his Semi and he loves it.

As Chef Dave mentioned, changing out the mirrors to ones with a single arm connection should improve aerodynamics. As you might have noticed, the semi trucks started that move about 10 years ago and now it's pretty standard. You could probably use a pair from a wrecked truck.

I see that changing out the stock Toyota engine in Four Runners and replacing them with Mercedes 300D turbo charged Diesels seems to be catching on. They're doing it for low end torque. Maybe in a motor home? Interesting question......

Last edited by joe24658; 03-12-2015 at 03:38 AM..