View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Just got the wife to switch tax preparers from our credit union to one of those that have been here forever, they offered to do the return for half price which saved us $108.
Next year I'll probably do it myself, I used to but SHE has trouble trusting me to get it right.

Continuous fight with Cox Cable to keep the cable bill (phone, cable tv and internet) below $150. Been with them 30 years.

Next continuous fight, is State Farm, the home owners insurance has gone from $500 to $800 a year, while the deductible has increased drastically. Last time we got a run around I had our account transferred to another agent two miles from home versus 25.
Also car insurance from State Farm who has covered both of us for close to 50 years.
I just ticks me off that the bike insurance is $108 a year but $80 of that is uninsured motorist. If that's the case the state needs to start busting people for no insurance. Last time I went through a state police license-registration check, the trooper refused to even look at my insurance card!

If you require insurance why do you REFUSE to even verify?

The car at $260 a year is hard to beat, even without the airbags. Maybe next time I'll get a quote for a 94 which had a drivers side air bag.

Sadly it seems like loyalty is going the way of the passenger pigeon.

It all reminds me of the "cash for clunkers" deal. Just another govt program to subsidize BAD behaviour, if your car gets more than x MPG you DONT qualify.

Got it you bunch of jerks .

regards
mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (03-12-2015)