View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
MazdaMatt
Master EcoModder

2k2Prot5 - '02 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 33.82 mpg (US)
Okay, lets just reality check for a second here... I drive this truck to 3 events per year. A 2-hour trip, a 4-hour trip and 6-hour trip. I won't be doing any extreme modifications and the purchase of an extra trailer is a lot more than the entire gas expense of these trips. I'm just looking for some driving tech. This thing is BIG... doing mods to it would cost thousands of dollars.

The tranny is a 3-speed because it used to be a Hostess delivery truck. It was never meant for highways use. This thing handles GREAT in the city, even with 3000 pounds in the back. I am sorry, but I don't recall what the tree says... i think you're right, PRND2L, what could I do with that to help me?

As for coasting in N, that sounds scary to me with a 6000 pound weight rolling down the road... it isn't a metro.

Making up some money with some work on the side would be great, however this truck is insured as a "personal" vehicle so my rates are very low compared to a mover's. If it was discovered that I was hauling something other than my race car (condition of the insurance) I'd lose my coverage. Also, replacing the vehicle is a no-go because it has already been set up with a fold-down ramp door and die-downs for my car.

I'll try to get a pic posted. Its a big ugly beast.