View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 11:12 PM   #1766 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Finalists have been chosen for the Instructables contest! Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the 37 projects. haha. I'm not sure exactly what they are looking for. A 16w arduino charger made it. Just not a 200kW AC motor controller. haha. I think I'm giving up on Instructables contests. The last time I entered one, I was beat by LED sneakers (and 40 other random things).

Not really surprised. With no visibility of the actual votes, they could choose whoever they like. My trust of seemingly large internet organisations is pretty low when they could actually be anything from a massive company to a teenage kid operating out of a corner of his mums living room. I mean who is going to check on them if they choose various family members of the site owners? Nobody. Who knows what country they are actually residing in? Are there competition laws in that country?

Then again, LED sneakers. Isn't it obvious how LED sneakers are going to save the world. I mean the magnitude of the benefit to everyone from having LED sneakers is so obvious.

Paul, stick with making it possible for people to save a car, save a lot of money, save the planet, etc. It might not have the same benefits to mankind as LED sneakers but we like it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
e*clipse (03-13-2015), MPaulHolmes (03-13-2015), thingstodo (03-13-2015)