View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
digital rules
What brake pedal?

Silver Streak-5M - '05 Toyota Corolla S
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.41 mpg (US)
Congratulations, you made the right move getting a manual. Earlier Nissan CVT's don't have the best track record. Hopefully they have improved their reliability, but CVT's will NEVER beat a properly driven manual (OK maybe on the highway thanks to the gearing advantage)

Taken from Autoblog

I am used to driving with a CVT...I had one in my Prius and it was flawless. I purchased a 2013 this past May and it has been in the shop twice already with a replaced Torque Converter and reprogramming the CVT. It is going in again tomorrow for the shuddering of the car from the CVT. As far as the pompous ass that wrote the article above....he questioned if we ever tested the Pathfinder before we bought it...yes we did and it ran great until it hit 4000 plus miles and then the CVT problems at low speeds occurred. It is apparent that Nissan does not have a solution for the Shuddering of the Pathfinders....pursuing the "Lemon Law" is a viable option at this point. I am used to a CVT.....I had one in my i am used to a cvt...had one in my Prius and it was flawless