View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
bentring
EcoModding Lurker

Stream - '16 Volkswagen Jetta
90 day: 33.7 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Hey, congrats!

I like the Note's styling. And it's got a ridiculous amount of legroom in the back seat, eh?

Also, congrats on getting the manual! You'll be able to blow the EPA ratings out of the water with only basic eco-driving techniques.

I'm almost certain the Note has the same gearing:

Like many (most?) modern manuals, it revs way higher than it needs to in top gear (in this eco-driver's opinion).

Remind us again what your typical drive is like. (If you have one.)
Thanks, I'm quite happy with it. I'm at the point where style isn't much concern to me, but I'm glad I didn't have to settle on a hideous car. I agree on the interior space being surprisingly roomy. I'm 6 feet tall and I can get out of the drivers seat and sit behind it with lots of room to spare before my knees touch the front seat.

I read what you had written about the Micra before the purchase and from what I could find online, I agree that the drivetrains of the two vehicles are most likely the same, but the chart you posted feels a bit optimistic by two or three hundred RPM to me. Maybe once the engine gets a bit more broke in it will close the gap.

As for my typical drive, being in construction, my route is wherever the job happens to be. I'd say on average I'm probably about 40% city driving/60 highway. I'm generally not in too much stop and go traffic, but damn if they don't love 4 way intersections. Rural highways here are 55MPH, but I also hit many 65/70 MPH stretches to skip the spotted towns if I'm not going one or two towns over.