View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Neutral coasting shouldn't scare you. We are not asking you to drive down mountains in neutral, your tranny does little to brake your vehicle unless the vehicle has some type of exhaust braking system. If you drive on level ground coasting to lights you should see a benefit in the tank, hopefully you shut it off when at a complete stop.

Also large trucks like yours should have proper tires for the load you are carrying, therefore inflating them to the sidewall max should also be a non issue especially since ride quality goes out the door. PLus it should extend the life of your tires by not bulging the sidewalls and reducing heat from friction. Those 2 alone should be enough for a mild bump in your beast.

On the aeromod side I don't know if side skirting the truck will be a benefit, but instead of using aluminum paneling which is expensive, consider Choroplast sheets, which are lighter, cheaper and can be braced with aluminum rods to the chassis for additional strength.

Once you get pics up I'll throw some more ideas at you ..

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???