View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 12:17 AM   #53 (permalink)
figit090
EcoModding Lurker

Black Bovine - '86 Toyota Supra N/A base
90 day: 16.86 mpg (US)

Grey Sandy - '03 Toyota Rav4 Sport Package
90 day: 21.3 mpg (US)

Panda - '03 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon GLS
90 day: 44.17 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk618 View Post
You're in the same boat I am. A *CLEAN* HX is rare as can be around here. Most are hacked up. They're asking north of 3k for the molested ones!
Crazy.
that sucks. There have been a few that aren't molested but definitely not well taken care of around $3k up here. I saw some punk kids driving one I passed up later and I was glad I didn't get it.

Another I was actually offered by the guy that bought it when I passed it up...and I passed it up again (higher asking price!). Later I saw it with cigarette packs in the center console and soot above the tailpipe. Glad I didn't get it for the carbon buildup, sad I couldn't save it from cig smoke.

IT's just a Honda though. haha. It's funny when you're looking for them, they aren't so rare but it is difficult to find a good one.

I'm not paying a premium for one though, that will counter the point of saving a few hundred a year on gas...

I believe in efficiency with enjoyment. Trying to get economy without sacrificing comfort. It's working!