View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #55 (permalink)
jcp123
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by figit090 View Post
Uhm...if you're swapping all that crap how do you expect to save money?

Your idea is so unique you'd have to do your research on engine and chassis costs. since you won't care about a nice body you could get just the drivetrain or a beat-up civic HX, and a blown-engine DX, then hit ebay for the instruments (not sure why you even want that...what's the diff?)

In any event your idea will weigh heavily on your perseverance and patience holding out for deals, and whether or not you can find the parts in a reasonable timeframe and in usable (not needing a rebuild) shape

Of course if you find a decent and cheap HX you could also sell the shell, but then you're cutting an HX out of the market that we could have bought!
All true. The idea intrigues me, I find I am so picky that nobody really builds a car I like...I'd have to build it. I have pretty much passed up that idea in favour of a run of the mill 03-08 Corolla with stick. BTW LX instrument clusters have the tach. I like having a real analog tach even though my UG will display that info.

Then sell the Mustang and build either a good old 9-passenger wagon or a hot rod. Still on the fence there.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17