View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
KFM
EcoModding Lurker

Terminator - '00 Honda Insight Base
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 72.78 mpg (US)

High Voltage - '12 Chevrolet Volt
Team Volt
90 day: 108.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
My manual insight had a 47.2 lifetime mpg when I bought it. I had a insight come into the shop yesterday that had 36.6 lifetime mpg (manual).

Most people that don't understand these cars or know how to drive them, and put oversized cheap tires and drive without the IMA won't get better than 40.
I don't even understand how you can get 36 mpg in it and not want to just get rid of it. Seriously, what's the use of a 2-seater 70hp car that doesn't even get good gas mileage? Maybe because the other hybrid they were driving was only getting 23-24?

Mine had 52 lifetime when I bought it, but the car couldn't stay in lean burn. Still, this car was the first I've ever owned with a standard transmission, has a weak battery, couldn't get into lean burn, I had only owned it for two weeks, and I was still getting 62mpg on the FCD. The guy who owned it before me had it for over five years. I just don't understand how it's even possible to get less than 50mpg in this car. It gets 50mpg when I'm going uphill.