View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 01:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
EVmetro
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFM View Post
That's awesome. That's kind of what I figured, but when I saw the Android tablet(? it's hard to tell whether something is considered a phone or a tablet these days) I figured that you primarily use it in place of a cluster. Did you set your port manually in your Torque profile? It connects a lot faster if you set the profile manually.

How far does the Wi-Fi signal transmit through the Wi-Fi adapter? Is it farther than the Bluetooth adapter? Also, what app do you use on the iPad to connect?
I set the feature in Torque that allows the tablet to go to sleep when the key is turned off, and to wake when the key is on. That is a pretty slick feature, and it gives the tablet more of a factory look. I also found the feature that allow you to bypass the main menu, so you don't have to keep touching the screen to get to the driving screen. You just turn on the key, and there is the driving screen. The only time I need to touch the screen is right when the tablet wakes up to get it out of the locked state.