View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #41 (permalink)
EVmetro
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Still grooving on the quality of your work.

I absolutely marvel at your all-up curb weight. 2026 lbs! WOW. There was a time when that was the kind of weight you might hope for in a glider, before you started screwing in the motor, tranny and batteries - never mind the interior.

With such a featherweight chassis to start from, I wonder what kind of steady-state range improvement you could achieve with a removable kammback, or other aero improvements. I saw you've done some with a grille block but don't know about any other mods you may have done. If anybody around here could put together a trick-looking kamm, you're the guy.

Looking forward to more.
I thought about doing a little more in the aero mod dept, but was after a build that was very drivable, lightweight, and appeared unmodified. I could still make some improvements on the underside of this one, and still may do that, but am still collecting data at this weight. From what I can tell so far, the biggest improvements are the weight, and the on demand regen system. Capturing ALL of the braking energy while having no off-throttle regen is proving to be remarkable compared to a typical manufactured EV or AC conversion running off-throttle regen. I suspect that having this thing freewheel instead of off-throttle regen gives a more pronounced effect on something of this weight, since it is easier to disturb the kinetic energy of a lighter vehicle than it is a heavier one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVmetro For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-16-2015), Jessic09 (05-26-2016)