View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
EVmetro
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasstingy View Post
I've been amazed at the entire build and kept my mouth shut while I watched, but I haven't seen any comments concerning the brake lights, so I'm too curious to not ask. As you have quite strong regen on your shift knob, I keep wondering if the regen button also activates the brake lights?

And, I agree that this looks far superior to a factory built anything. I am also jealous that I don't have similar ability to do such an outstanding conversion.
Thanks. The controller has a brake light circuit in it that allows me to activate a relay for the brake light. In the controller settings, one can adjust how many amps of regen it takes to activate the relay. I think I set mine for 50 amps of regen before the controller sends a brake light signal to my brake light relay. So, there is no signal coming directly from the regen button, only from the controller after it senses a specified amount of regen current.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EVmetro For This Useful Post:
bespurcell (01-12-2016), elhigh (03-21-2015), gasstingy (03-20-2015), mikeyjd (03-22-2015)