View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 10:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
kc750
New2EcoModding

Pearl - '15 Honda Fit EX
Quick update:
I have over 5000K now so I'm a little more inclined to try to improve my FE numbers. Years ago I had a Honda Prelude with a stick and I loved that car! Years later I bought a Civic with a slush box and hated it. For fun I drove a Honda VFR750 and occasionally a CB1. I mention this because in my experience, the engines performed better if they occasionally saw redline or the rev limiter in the case of the motorcycles.
I haven't posted any pictures of the car because it's white and the snow is just starting to disappear
I've finally added my fuel log to Fuelly.com. I'm also listed as KC750 over there and on the Fit Freak Forums. I see some so you over there as well I didn't want to post my fuel log here because I'm not hypermiling yet and may never get much beyond the EPA rating. I live and work in the same city, and while I use the highway, 50% of my driving is on the city streets and the other 50% is during the rush. During the week, I'm a 60K a day guy; on the weekends, I might do 150-200k with longer highway trips.
I chose the CVT because of the lower revs at highway speed and the fact that I was in traffic most times. No point lamenting not getting the stick now; I just need to learn how to get the most out of the CVT with paddle shifters for downshifting and short shifting up while accelerating. I have a Scan Gauge II and a WiFI OBD dongle so I have the tools to I need to improve.
I was wondering, should I just continue this thread with regular updates or start new threads for individual topics?
Are there many other 2015 Honda Fit owners here with the CVT as well? PM me and I'll start to follow your posts.
Great forum!
The Following User Says Thank You to kc750 For This Useful Post:
RedDevil (03-21-2015)