View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
User1
EcoModding Lurker

Looking for a used car and need suggestions

Hello all,

I think this is my first post, I'm not sure :-/ But I've been a member for quite a number of years. I stayed a member cause you include the bicycle and other forms of moving around and don't strictly rely on being a cager.

When I first joined I was doing ~hypermiling. I had a Mazda Protege that I was getting 40 mpg city or hwy driving. I was cool with those figures. I got into a car accident with the car a long while ago (6yrs), and I'm thinking about getting behind the wheel again. BTW, the accident wasn't my fault and no one got hurt, but the cars were totaled. I decided at that point to give using my bicycle and public transportation a shoot. I live 2 miles from downtown and the light rail station is a 1/2 mile away. That's worked good and really I wouldn't mind keeping at it, but I do want to somewhat be on top of my homework.

I'd like to find out what is available out there with these parameters. I got to be able to get 40 mpg or better, I got to have a manual tranny, a station wagon or hatchback is a plus, and it needs to be fairly reliable. I'm thinking something in the $3k area? I'm pretty patient and really can afford to wait for the right one at the right time. Really I'd like to just start exploring.

Thanks for reading this and I hope I posted this in the correct forum.