View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 11:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk618 View Post
Back from the dead.

Chrysler kid, you already know I have swapped the HX setup but I do have an EGR question.

When I had the intake off I pulled that top plate and cleaned out all the passages. All 4 routes / ports were 100% blocked.

I am 100% certain that ALL my egr passages are sparkly clean inside.

I keep getting 2 pending codes. I seem to get 1 at a time and have yet to see both pending at once.

P401 Insufficient EGR flow.

P1491 Insufficient lift.

I have a question about the Odyssey valve you bought. Did it end up bolting on to the manifold ok? I'm fine with extending the harness a tad if the plug won't reach.

Did you eliminate all your EGR codes?

Thanks!

EDIT:

I pulled my EGR valve and checked the position sensor.

I get absolutely NO variance in resistance when testing between pins 1-2, 1-3, or 2-3 and manually moving the valve in and out.

This tells me the position sensor is toast.

I would still like to know if the Odyssey one fit your car so I can save 2/3 of the price!

Thanks again.
Yes the odyssey one and the accord v6 egr both worked. The harness plugs were all the same they all just had plugs facing the wrong way.

My code has not come back on at all but I went back to my my 300k mile stock one. The odyssey valve worked fine for a few days but then I got the same 0401 code so I knew for sure the valve wasn't the problem.

See if you can pry the egr valve open as far as I got mine, I soaked mine in brake cleaner and I could tell that piston could move alot more freely.

You will probably need to extend the harness plug, I was just barely able to get mine to fit

My civic thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysler kid For This Useful Post:
firehawk618 (03-23-2015)