View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 07:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
firehawk618
EcoModding Apprentice

97 Civic HX sedan VX trans - '98 Honda Civic LX + HX + VX
90 day: 41.9 mpg (US)
IF using the CC / Upshift lamp board there's really only 3 wires you need to worry about.

1. Power "should be yellow" and can be found by tapping into your SRS or ABS light connector. The wire should be the same color.

2. Ground "should be black" and can be found by tapping into your SRS or ABS light connector. The wire should be the same color.

3. The third wire is what triggers the light to come on. That one goes to pin A30 on the HX ecu *wht/red*. That wire from A30 also goes to the green plug just outside the ECU. IIRC that one is pin 5. The color will be the same *wht/red*

What I did on my car since I wanted to keep the CC light in tact and the SRS / ABS lights use a POSITIVE trigger vs NEGATIVE trigger is to just use my seatbelt light.

That light is always hot on one side and takes ground to trigger it.

Should the upshift light go through a ramp up module to keep the load off the ECU? I do not know. So far mine's been working fine.

I speculate the CC / Upshift / Eco light has a circuit board so it can dim with your factory dimmer. Do not hold me to that though.

If load on the ECU is a concern I would suggest using a LED in place of the bulb in the seatbelt indicator and a diode if necessary.