View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 07:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
As an update, I have gone back and forth fifty times on exactly how to do my aeroshell, which frustrates me to the point of ignoring it. I have finally decided on a path forward, which is to use as much as I can from the original shell I chopped up to put together a 1/3 shell right behind the cab. This uses the original pieces of the shell from the front, back, and roof trimmed down to size. This will also cover only the part of the bed that my toolbox currently occupies, and gives me enough room to easily access it. I got the pieces all cut out, but I need to change some lengths to make the cover follow my template overlay (AST-2). Anyway I posted up a mockup picture showing the modified front and back, the roof section bridges the two but I don’t have a picture of it yet.

The long term plan is to build a cover to cover the rest of the bed and hinge it off of this cover, but I need to just get something built and done so I am not focusing on this at all until the first part is installed and done.

Hey Windy,
Sorry I never saw your post until now. I can't take credit for the conveyor idea, I borrowed that from others on this site. The drip pan you used is a neat idea, hopefully you have resolved the gas tank heating issue. (I had a similar issue on my old car.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00206.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	17240  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-31-2015), BamZipPow (03-29-2015)