View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #250 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by herberpower View Post
if the manufacturer recommends 5w30 not change .

10w40 is recommended here .
the engine may be different.
or climate may be warmer .
His climate is much warmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I was pretty pleased and relieved with the dry compression test. They're pretty close to each other and to stock, considering this car has 227,000 US miles on it. I decided against the wet compression test for now. I'm wrestling with a stuck oilpan and the heat-gun shaping of my wheel skirts.

I rarely use 0w30... and actually haven't in probably 2 years. But 5w30 is actually what Honda calls for in this car.

It did show the same symptoms, near empty tank or full tank. The second replacement fuel pressure gauge seems to have solved it so far.

A point of reference for EM readers in the USA: the Autozone fuel pressure regulator failed within two weeks. When I did a warrantee replacement at Autozone, I opened the box for the new one to check it out. Inside was a clearly used and damaged regulator. The item I have installed now came from O'Reilley. Just sayin' ... in fairness, I should say O'Reilley rented me two faulty pressure testers before getting a new one to me. One clerk even tried to charge me for one of 'em. Manager fixed that. Nonethelss, I prefer O'Reilley.

James
In general all parts cone from the same batch of 3rd party vendors. I manage an autozone store and can tell you to shop where the good car people are, not by parts.

If the next one fails I would try oem honda. I also question the strength of your fuel pump. A regulator is a simple device you may have contaminants getting past the filter

My civic thread