View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
I bought my first Honda to save on fuel when I had my '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, it averaged 11mpg. The more I drove the Accord, the more I realized just how useless the Jeep was. The last year I had the Jeep, I put 700 miles on it, the rest was all Accord, then Civic wagon seat time. But I brought the same attitude I had from old muscle cars etc with me to Hondas - "Radio delete? That's cool! No, I'm not changing a thing on it!" Sadly an '88 Civic with factory radio delete is not worth as much as a '68 Nova with the same lack of options, but I just can't bring myself to chop up any old car that has made it this far without someone messing with it.

That being said, if people want to mod Si models or whatever, that's cool with me. I do really hate seeing a base model messed with though. It's like seeing a newer V6 Mustang that someone tried to hot rod - really? The first mod is to sell it and buy a V8 model haha. Same with the Civic VX, you want it to be faster? Sell it and buy an Si!