View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #38 (permalink)
cowmeat
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
I plan on entering Ron Burgundy next year, once I have fully eco-modded it out. I just couldn't get around in time to enter this year, it's been a busy one so far!

After checking out the layout & elevation of the track (courtesy of Gasoline Fumes) it seems like my G1 Insight would do pretty well. Looks like I'd punch it around the first curves and climb the hill, followed by a continuous drop in elevation around the rest of the track. After the initial start, I'd have momentum built up to climb the hill. I'm gonna say my car would be off for over half of the course and still average the 35 - 45 mph without going over sixty.

Quote:
The minimum speed limit is 35mph.
The maximum speed limit is 60 mph.
Target average speed is 45mph.
There will be a 1mpg deduction for every mph under the minimum speed limit. This deduction will be assessed by overall average speed for the entire event, not individual laps.
It doesn't really specify in the rules, but I assume that although they don't allow you to draft another vehicle you could still pass? I could use some pointers from anybody who has been there in their Insight, considering the fact that I've never driven it in any kind of hilly terrain before.

I Googled it, and it's a 1,200 mile drive for me to get there. Does anybody else drive that far to compete?