View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
apexwagon
EcoModding Lurker

Update: first trip complete! 345.0 miles on 10.01 gallons of 87 @ $2.75/ (costco)

The first tank was mixed with the first 20 or so miles being city, stop/go and short trips around town, the next 40 miles essentially uphill to get out of Tahoe basin and over Donner summit, then downhil until Sacramento for 100 or so miles, and then essentially flat with a few rolling hills to the Bay Area, some city driving in the bay (got it detailed!) and then made it back to Sac with just over 1/4 tank left. (34.19 avg. by calculation).

This was my Scangauge reading at the end of the trip to the bay (zero stops, i think I was dehydrated)...

I was astonished, in the flats at 62mph I was getting an instant reading of 38-45mpg! Although, the Scangauge has a different reading than the instant reading that is built in the car (it was +/- 5mpg). I really wish the Scangauge had the memory to store a tanks average, too, unless I am totally missing this. I think mine is optimistic, it is significantly higher than the cars built-in readout which is the opposit of what I usually read about those OEM ones, which is why I purchased this. Anyway..

on the way back up to Tahoe, I got ansi and drove fast for a little while (too much caffeine for the foot) but still got 27mpg doing 90! whoops. Im only at about a half tank so I will report back later on about the uphill tank. I need a killswitch now, the SGii doesn't like the motor not running via key cycle.

DETAILED!