View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 02:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
njakts
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewanderer View Post
The part I'm confused about is the mpguino doesn't seem to match its own values. If you completely ignore the receipt from the pump and just use the miles traveled and gallons used that the mpguino logged, dividing that out doesn't come close to the stated MPG.

Mpguino says 309.72 tank miles and 7.7 gallons. 309.72 / 7.7 = 40.22. Mpguino tank MPG calculation says 50.25.

Is there something else that needs factored in?
Hi! If I remember, I noticed the same problem some 3 years ago. If I calibrate mpguino by average readings, averages are precise since then, but tank litres (yes, I used metric version) are way off, and if mpguino is calibrated by consumed litres, litres will be displayed correctly, but averages wont...

I solved the problem my multiplying instant, current and tank readings by a constant (I think it was 1.2 or 1.25) and calibrated mpguino with consumed litres and averages were correct too. I dont remember why, but multiplying only worked in Instant/current, instant/tank, and big screens, but in current and tank displays, average readings were a lot lower than they should be, but litres were correct. since I always used mpguino with instant/current display, it did not matter.
Now I want to update my mpguino with improved code found here. I tried alin151 code, but it has some strange bugs and now I will try t_vago's code as recomended here...

good luck