View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 05:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
ShinyMew
EcoModding Lurker

Suzuki Swift '06 - '06 Suzuki Swift (Base)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by foytix View Post
I may be a little premature in posting, however I believe I'm on my way to setting a personal best for my Trooper. I'm sure my driving like a grandpa is helping, but I've done that before and never broke 21 mpg or 400 miles on a tank. As of this evening I passed half a tank with a little over 250 miles driven. Usually the 2nd half drops off faster, but the best I've ever been at this point was 230 miles. Fingers crossed and hope I haven't jinxed myself. Please don't laugh at those numbers....this is a 4000+lbs 4x4 with a v-6 LOL
Fellow Isuzu Trooper driver here (albeit the Australian version - a 1992 Holden Jackaroo and in auto guise). It's unfortunate it has taken me so long to find another hypermiler who owns one (I haven't yet accurately measured its economy over the past few years of driving it because I don't yet have an MPGuino and multiple people drive it at different times). I also am an amateur car detailer, so my example would have to be simultaneously one of the cleanest and most efficient in the country. Quite a wasted effort one could say given how unremarkable of a car it is. Oh, well.

Alterations to the car so far (which I have to ensure are amenable to its other drivers):

• Rear seats delete (6th and 7th seats)
• Bullbar-block (not exactly a grille block, but I have blocked off air from passing through the bottom of the bullbar gaps into the grille)
• Rear wiper delete
• Rear tyre delete (when I am allowed to)
• Overinflated tyres (about 10% above the driver’s side door-jamb placard recommended max – what have you found works best, given that the recommendations suggest firmer rear tyres?)
*Conversely, I have left the rear bumper and mudguards on because it would seem to be considerate to other drivers by helping minimise the amount of dirt, stones and road debris that my vehicles kicks up while travelling)

Incidentally, I was looking at the same spoiler on the car today and considered how in fact I would be able to take it in a non-invasive way (i.e., in a way that I could place it back on later without much fuss and with no tell-tale signs). Did you end up removing your spoiler to any noticeable benefit? Did you find any LT improvement owing to the rear-bumper delete?

Last edited by ShinyMew; 04-07-2015 at 05:55 AM..