View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #778 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
So there's another example of how many things can be different with sending stuff south. I've done this a bit, but I generally deal with Wash and Cali, so I just assumed all states leave the plate on the car. And this is exactly how someone can get screwed trying to import a car if they don't do their research haha, a lot of things can change state to state, once you get passed the federal border. I hate having to deal with F-150s and Yukons that I know will never get used as a truck, and waste fuel for no reason. But they are pretty standardized, legal pretty much anywhere south of the border, and people really want them. Sadly. Exporting old rust free Hondas and Toyotas would be the best job ever, but it just ain't worth it. It's really too bad, I see so much of that stuff up here that goes to waste, but there's no demand here, and the expense to move it elsewhere is too high to make it worth it. I'm not even that far away, it's a couple hours from here to Seattle. But the border in between kills the idea.