View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 05:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Anyone on this site that has ever met me would confirm that I am not a pudgy person. And I don't claim to be any kind of expert when it comes to diet. But I can personally say from my own experiences that I felt better when I dropped things like pasta, bread, etc out of my diet. High protein/no carbs works, but in my case I still ate vegetables. I had a steak and spinach for dinner tonight. It may not be for everyone, but hey, try it for a week and see how you feel. It won't hurt to try it, and it may work great for you. The biggest problem I have found is that when you stick with meat and veggies, you are always hungry. All those pasta/bread carbs you are used to make you feel full. So I can eat a steak/pork chops/chicken/fish with a green veggie side, and I will feel great. But I'm still hungry. Everyone's body reacts differently to what you fuel it with. I'm sure I could get away with only meat for a while, but there's this thing called scurvy haha, don't mind me as I eat a bit of broccoli or have an orange once in a while, cause I really don't want to lose my teeth!

And if you want to see someone that has a 20k calorie a day intake need, check this guy out. Bodybuilders/Strong Men are like Top Fuel dragsters - there's a lot of research that has gone into them, and while they are the extreme of the aspect you are looking at, they are still full of info.

mikeyjd (04-09-2015)