View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
11/25, 8:00am
[Xist]
Quote:
[Ex], I alerted the [local] Police that I repossessed the car, and the Officer made sure that I understood my liability if you drove without insurance. If you want the title and registration, you must pay in full. You have paid $1135 to date, correct? You specified that twenty dollars were for insurance, right? That leaves $1365 on the car, $631.11 for insurance, totaling $1,996.11. If you cannot get a bank loan, I will sell the car to someone who can afford to drive.
She called the police and sued for refusing to work with her, voiding our contract (which the judge said was hardly worth anything), and illegally repossessing the car--wait, I talked to the police about it! Illegal how?!

There was a flaming war over this. Forget about it. I declined to counter-sue, although I am confident I could have recovered what I paid to insure her, damage to my car, etc., but I did not feel she would benefit from it, and I did not want her money. However, since I did not counter-sue, the judge simply awarded her the payments back, so I set up my bank to send her checks.

This is my car. The title and registration have been in my name for almost three years. I have not communicated with her since November 25th. We did not even speak to each other in court in February. If she ever offered to purchase the car, I would take her money, but I would not talk to her under any other circumstances.