View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
I don't think there's an English/metric switch on the odo of that Corolla if it's digital, so that one is probably stuck in KMs.

I have seen Vibes with over 300k KMs so its not something in the display that stops it from reading over 300,000. I could make a crack about Pontiac never expecting any of their newer cars to make it that far so they didn't bother programming the ODO to read any higher haha, but in this case since it's a Toyota that doesn't fly. I wonder if the dash displays are the same between Vibes and Matrixes? As in maybe Pontiac wanted their own gauge cluster that came from their supplier instead of whatever the Matrix had.

And good thing that 999,999 km driving school car wasn't over here near Vancouver, it'd end up on a lot on East Hastings or King George Highway with 165k "original" KMs and you'd get the "It's a one owner trade in!" story with it haha. The fine for rolling back odometers here is hilariously low, you don't even lose your dealers license for it. In the USA it's a federal offence!