View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 01:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Atomic Ass
Master EcoModder

Overland - '24 Nissan Versa S 5MT
90 day: 40.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gil View Post
Noise is one thing that annoys me. My Yamaha V-Star 250, being a wanna be Harley cruiser, is loud. Most of the noise if from the exhaust, for my bike. In order to eliminate exhaust noise my plan is to install two mufflers from a Honda Grom that i have collected already. The Honda Grom is the quietest bike i have ever heard, the loudest thing on the bike is the chain.
I don't think anyone make "quiet" pipes, as i haven't seen any advertised.

Wind noise would be second, in terms of noise with my bike, for other bikes the loudest. As such, wind noise is a big factor. I added a big faring of corroplast to my bike, in order to eliminate wind buffeting hitting my helmet, it worked. A quiet helmet helps a lot in this department. What helmet do you have?

gil
I don't have a helmet at the moment, as my previous helmet (when riding the Burgman in the previous decade) is nowhere to be found. And it isn't noise for myself that is the concern, but rather the fact that I'll be tooling around neighborhoods doing my delivery route, sometimes as late as midnight, and I'd like to be as discrete as possible.