View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #80 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by figit090 View Post
It's all relative, my current situation makes traveling that far to look at a car risky and too expensive. I can't just road-trip for every nice looking car that might be gone by that afternoon. I don't trust random people to hold a car in good faith if someone offers a few hundred more. :/

Also, our cars get roughly 23mpg tops, so that's about $150 just in gas, nevermind food and a hotel stay (because I'd rather not drive 1100 miles in a day AND deal with buying a car. 550 is fun, 1k miles wouldn't be (unless I was alone and in my new car, lol).

Anyway, glad you got a good result! All that is over my time constraints and willpower I think but if I find the right combo, maybe!

All the transmission types and gear ratio options confuse me at the moment, haha. Too bad you can't get a good ratio AND lean-burn.

You do realize that everyone responding in this thread knows WAY too much about Honda civics right? If you asked nicely I'm sure any of us could try to broker a deal for you and you can fly out to pick the car up and drive it back home

My civic thread