View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 10:55 PM   #136 (permalink)
Madact
EcoModding Apprentice

Emerald - '97 Honda Civic CXi
90 day: 40.13 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
We can discuss till the cows come home, or just watch how others do the hard work for us...
Searching for oxyhydrogen dyno tests I found this thread on CR4.
Lots of interesting info from both HHO enthousiasts and sceptics.
Anyone who wants to discuss HHO would do well to read a thread like that first.
The concise way the OP (Blink) puts things in perspective is refreshing.
Nice find, his list of common HHO lies is quite good too CR4 - Thread: The Unlucky 13 HHO Lies .

Most of the thread is discussion of scammers and philosophising though :-/ plus a small dash of inconclusive data from on-road testing with scooters (raw data being supplied by a HHO promoter as well, so more than a grain of salt advisable there). Also references / links to couple of reasonably well documented cases of HHO devices not working, increasing emissions etc. - more support for the position that just bolting some HHO device to your car is unlikely to be useful (that point I think there's enough evidence for - the anecdotal horror stories far outweigh the anecdotal success claims, unless you're reading the seller's material, and "my engine got trashed in the process" is a lot easier to evaluate without raw data than anecdotal performance gains), but not much help in investigating the concept.

One thing that came up there that might be interesting was references to research using hydrogen enrichment as a way of getting extreme lean burn. Wasn't clear how much H2 was required though (could be a lot), and obviously not applicable to any car with an ECU.

Last edited by Madact; 04-15-2015 at 11:01 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Madact For This Useful Post:
some_other_dave (04-17-2015)