View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #140 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

People seem to mix marketability into the question of basic research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
I think that is the problem, for something to be worthwhile, there needs to be a balance between the effort put into it, and the results. There is simply no way to figure out the perhaps billions of man hours that have gone in to hho (indeed undergrads still persue it?!?), and with the instrumentation needed there is little probability that joe mason jar is going to stumble into a small gain.

In terms of effort/reward, HHO is well below worthless. And I don't see anything RLN doing changing any of it, even if it is actual signal, it is in a sea of %99.99999999999999999999999 noise (and so far all we got from him is more noise).
I have done enough basic research that has little to no value other than it is raw date for someone in the future to extend their work. My "noise" happens to have garnered interest through PMs and emails from people that actually can understand thermochemistry and chemical kinetics and many are supportive of the plausibility of some result if the right research path is taken.

And understand, the path I took fooling with HHO sometime ago, lead me down a research path that gave me an understanding for other devices that work far better and do have market value. I am revisiting HHO out of curiosity and not because I need any financial gain from it.