View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
texanidiot25
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
woo-hoo, seeing 20 MPG (from 11)

So since the repairs, and the fixes of the underbody stuff on my car, I've tried to keep driving habits in check to see what the changes would be. Even with a few (rather needed) WOT freeway entries, and wet road hoonage the last few days thanks to Hurricane Dolly, So far the car has average an estimated 18-20 mpg over the last half-tank!

Compared to the last tank where it barely managed 11 mpg, that's a huge improvement for me!

For the most part, I Neutral coasted off the highways, and engine braked when ever it was good, and other then that a bit slow on the freeway helped a lot. Since I live just off a highway (only way to get anywhere), I figure doing 60-65 instead of 70+ made a big difference.

So, thanks for the bit of help and all the good reading here. Saving my butt some green.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues