View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 03:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
She could be among the 1% of women that are psychopaths. If it were me, I'd stop seeing the girl so that I could free up my mental, emotional, and financial resources to being with the girl of my dreams.
My 'girlfriend' had an abusive childhood, and this no doubt had an effect on her emotionally. We went to the C.N.E. in Toronto when i went to see her, and we went on a roller coaster. I was puzzled to see that even this did not make her happy.
She smiled when i looked at her, but she wasn't screaming and giggling like the others around us. Later as i was lying beside her about to get ready to depart, i looked into her eyes and saw a tear.
This was very touching, as I thought she was crying because she loved me and didn't want me to leave.
I said " What's wrong sweetie ? Why are you crying ?, to which she replied " I have to go to work tomorrow .
I painted a portrait of her, made a necklace, a ring, and even made a small castle for her.
All gifts were like " oh that's nice...( changes subject )

I don't know if i mentioned this on this forum, but one of the coldest things i recall from her is the reaction I got from her one day when I sent her a large vase of flowers. I live in Austin, Texas, and she lived in Winnipeg at the time.
I sent her the flowers early that day, with no texts or calls from her. Later that evening I called, thinking that the flowers were not delivered.
I asked her how her day went, and talked with her for a few minutes with no change in the tone of her voice over the course of the conversation.
I then asked her if anything special came for her that day, to which she responded that " Yes, you sent me flowers"

She is extremely emotional when it comes to other things, such as anger. She chased down a fellow that cut her off and tried to confront him. She hit a parked police car in the process.

Perhaps having too much empathy has caused me to stick with her. I'm still stuck in the belief that I can somehow 'fix' her with enough love, but it hasn't done anything but drain me.

Funny you should mention the financial bit.
Knowing that no woman wants a man that is poor, I cashed in my company stock and with that money, invested in a stock that has since been rated as one of the best stocks of that year.
My problem i that the stock fell before it skyrocketed. With this being my first experience doing stocks, i was scared into selling when the stocks dropped.
If I had held, I would have made over $180,000 - and still growing to this day.

My company stock had never gone past $ 30 a share in the decade i was with the company. Wouldn't you know it, but the stock more than doubled after i pulled out.
I had over a thousand shares.

So i lost thousands of my money from the sale of the stock, hundreds of thousands had i held, and the continued loss of the shares from the company.

I now fret over the cost of light bulbs, and haven't had a haircut in months to save money. Yeah !

Women are expensive, eh ?