View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 03:38 PM   #64 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle View Post
That's not a small difference.
You're incorrectly applying a response to the 'small difference' reference.

The 'small difference' that has been pointed out to you is not about volume .. nor is it about weight ... re-read above examples such as my 1, 2, 3 above in post #62.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you try and picture this concept with the normal MPG fluctuations seen from driving the same car with no modifications to the type of fuel or the vehicle itself ... the same type of 'small difference' that has been pointed out to you comes up there as well .. What is the standard deviation and how many σ you have of certainty of the significance the results are caused by A and not B ? ... ie ... How large does the difference (in BTU/mile) have to be to have a reasonable degree of certainty that the results are caused by the changes in the fuel and not the changes in the ICE itself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle View Post
No amount of compression increase or timing advance will account for that much of a variation in the amount of fuel used on a per cycle basis.
You are incorrectly applying a response about the changes to an ICE.

The previous ICE changes comments described to you are not about fuel volume, nor fuel weight ... BTU/mile ... re-read previous explanation such as my 1, 2, 3 above in post #62 ... or my additional attempt above in this post.